Note: Click an image to see it at full size.
Bob and Ryan Wood have suggested that General Marshall must have prepared both
There is a detailed discussion in Ref. 7. This phony boloney stuff clearly established almost all of the documents were phony and is discussed in Ref. 7. Some people insist that if I can’t provide the identity of the forger and the reason for forging, that they must be real. I can’t follow the logic. My concern is if they are genuine. I can’t find a motive for serial killers, for grown men who sexually attack small children, for parents who abuse their children. But it happens. One quite obvious motivation would be to cast doubts on the legitimate documents, a sort of guilt by association. Another might be to waste the time and money of researchers. Ryan Wood of Majesticdocuments.com claims that all the Cooper documents are genuine. However, in his paper (Ref. 17) he talks at length about the various versions of the Truman to Wedemeyer Directive but never shows the full page from Wedemeyer’s book next to the Twining one so that one can’t see the identity in placement and handwriting of the three handwritten comments. This same problem holds on the Humelsine documents. He shows several different versions of the directive to Wedemeyer, but never shows all the other pairs of original and emulation documents as noted here. He also seems to feel that Marshall was in charge of both Wedemeyer, based in Baltimore, and Twining; though Marshall was Secretary of State and not in the War [soon to be Defense] Department. Twining was Head of the Air Materiel Department in Ohio — definitely in the chain of command of the Army.
It also makes perfect sense for the Wedemeyer directive to say "In presenting the findings of your mission you should endeavor to state as concisely as possible your estimate of the character, extent and probable consequences of assistance which you may recommend, and the probable consequences in the event that assistance is not given.” China was a major foreign policy headache with the communists taking over. But what sense does this comment make in the Twining Directive “In presenting the findings of your mission you should endeavor to state as concisely as possible your estimate of the character, extent and probable consequences in the event that assistance is not given?” Assistance to whom for what? Makes no sense at all. One document claims that Air Force General Carl Spaatz met with Twining in New Mexico on July 7, 1947. I was able to show via Spaatz’s flight log, his desk calendar, and a newspaper article, that he was fishing in Port Aransas, Texas, several hundred miles away.
There are a whole host of false claims in others of the Cooper documents including a number of technical errors such as referring to “deuterium, light hydrogen.” But Deuterium is HEAVY hydrogen. Other errors are noted in Ref. 7, p. 207.
The Majestic 12 documents problem is complex and extensive. On balance it appears that the EBD, TFM and CTM are almost certainly genuine, the SOM 1.01 memo is very likely genuine (see Dr. Robert Woods paper (Ref. 18)) and the Tim Cooper Documents are emulations and fictional. It is perhaps not surprising that a documentary movie “Do you Believe in Majic?” is being prepared by Paul Kimball of Redstar films who had dug into a great deal of UFO material in preparation for the documentary “Stanton T. Friedman IS Real!” (Ref. 19) first broadcast on the Canadian Space TV channel in June 2002. Critics have been interviewed. One strange criticsm was made by Karl Pflock when he claimed twice that because Menzel was famous for doodling small cartoon Martians that the statement in the EBD that Menzel was saying the aliens were from Mars was an inside joke. I am afraid the joke is on Karl. The EBD (p. 4) says exactly the opposite:
… considerable speculation has centered around what their point of origin might be and how they get here. Mars was and remains a possibility, although some scientists, most notably Dr. Menzel, consider it more likely that we are dealing with beings from another solar system entirely.
Contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Pflock, Karl T. “Roswell: Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe” 2001, Prometheus Books, Amherst, NY 331 pp., Hardcover.
2. Friedman, Stanton T. “Final Report on Operation Majestic 12” 15th Printing 2003, 108 pp., $10.00 Including Shipping and Handling from UFORI, POB 958, Houlton, ME 04730-0958
3. Friedman, Stanton T. “TOP SECRET/MAJIC” 272 pp., Marlowe and Co., 10-page Bibliography, 1996 HC List $22.95. Autographed, 0nly $15.00 Incl. S & H, UFORI
4. Friedman, Stanton T. “Crashed Saucers, Majestic 12 and the Debunkers” July 1992, MUFON Conf., 21 pp. 48 Refs. $4.00 From UFORI
5. Randle, Kevin D. “Conclusions on Operation Majestic 12” August 1994. 30 pp. FUND For UFO Research
6. Friedman, Stanton T. “Operation Majestic 12? YES!!” 1994, 37 pp. 50 Ref. $4.00 UFORI
7. Friedman, Stanton T. “Roswell and the MJ-12 Documents in the New Millennium” MUFON July 2000, 28 pp. 20 Ref., $4.00 UFORI
8. Friedman, Stanton T. “Review of Case MJ-12” January 2003, at website www.stantonfriedman.com; 9000 words, 27 pp. Also $4.00, UFORI
9. Randle, Kevin D. “Case MJ-12:The True Story Behind the Government’s UFO Conspiracies” Dec. 2002, Harper Torch, Paperback, 311 pp. $7.50
10. Sagan, Carl “The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark” Random House, 1995, 475 pp.
11. Goldberg, Robert Alan “Enemies Within: The Culture of Conspiracy in Modern America” Yale University Press, 2001, 368 pp. Chapter 6, “The Roswell Incident"
12. McDonald, James E. “Statement on UFOs” to Congressional Hearings, July 1968. 71 pp. Data on 41 cases. $10.00 From UFORI
13. Goldberg, Leo “An Appreciation of Donald Howard Menzel” Sky and Telescope, April 1977.
14. Friedman, Stanton T. “The Secret Life of Donald H. Menzel” International UFO Reporter, Jan./Feb. 1988 pp. 20-24.
15. Korff, Kal “The Roswell UFO Crash: What They Don’t Want You to Know” Prometheus Books, Amherst, NY, 1997 264 pp.
16. Wedemeyer, Albert C. “Wedemeyer Reports!” Henry Holt and Co. 1958, 496 pp.
17. Wood, Ryan “Resolving the Emulation in Directives Between Twining and Wedemeyer” pp. 199-240, UFO Crash Retrieval Conference Proceedings, Nov.14-16, Las Vegas, NV, 240 pp., $25.00 From Ryan Wood, 14004 Quail Ridge Dr., Broomfield, CO 80020 email@example.com
18. Wood, Robert M. “Authenticating the Special Operations Manual” pp. 165-184 See item 17.
19. Video “Stanton T. Friedman IS Real!” by Redstar Films, 2002, 48 minutes, TV Documentary, $20.00 From UFORI.